Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Works for me Wednesday


I've been lurking around for awhile over at Rock in my Dryer and I have finally decided to add my own "Works for me Wednesday" tip. Go check it out for more great tips!

I was thinking the other day about how much I hated changing the crib sheets, because it kills my back, and wrestling with the bumper pad is a real pain. Trivial, I know, when you put it into perspective, but none the less, it's like I'm fighting with something that has no arms, and it's beating me.

So, what I have done, ever since the 6 year old was a baby, is to put a sheet on the crib, and then I put the baby quilt or a crib-sized blanket on top of that. I then tuck the sides in and that is what the child actually sleeps on. Then all I have to do when I'm ready to wash sheets is pull up the blanket. It's so much easier!

I still do pull up the bottom sheet occasionally and wash it, but not on the weekly basis as the other sheets. The only thing I recommend is that you DO NOT do this with very young infants. Only do this with older babies who can lift their heads, roll over, sit up, etc.


So, maybe this will save your back-works for me!

4 comments:

Smockity Frocks said...

Great tip! Thanks!

SeaBird said...

Speaking of crib sheets (I found your site from WFMW).... Have you heard of The Ultimate Crib Sheet? My twin boys have/had GERD so there's been more than few in-the-crib vomits (plus the usual leaky diapers, etc.) It lays on top of the regular crib sheet and snaps around the side. Had I known about your idea, though, I would have tried that as well...

Dini said...

Oh my goodness. Why didn't I think of that? I only have about one year left of a crib but I will try this. Thanks!

Justice Fergie said...

great idea. although my little one sleeps so "wildly" that i suspect she would mess up the quilt...but i'll give it a try. Those bumpers are such a pain!